We have a firm handle on a variety of styles, from grown-up glamour and refined sophistication, to funkier urban and retro ensembles. We do like to mix antique and new furniture, and love working with a client’s curated collections.
A few of our favourite things:
- Patina – surface age and use
- Mixed, beaten or polish metals
- The endless ways great designers continue to address the simple problem of the chair.
- Eclecticism – which is evocative of the personality of the collector.
- The clean lines and functionality of Modernism
- The paired down luxury and muted colours of French & Italian Art Deco Interiors
- The champagne society style of cinema’s golden age: Hollywood Regency
- Bold styling, oversized proportions and materials of the seventies – Lucite & brass- paired with brights – å la Palm Beach style
- Strong sculptural shapes and moody colours offset by striking colourful artworks
- Personality driven spaces – seamlessly juxtaposed time periods, ethnicities and artistic traditions which often results in a
dash of quirkiness
- Fun geometry – From David Hicks to Afro-Chic
MY 4 SIGNATURE STYLES
These styles have all excited and moved me over the years by the otherworldly stories they tell. I draw on some of their elements as a subtle compass when designing a scheme.